AFP TN, Southeastern Chapter: Fundamentals of Fundraising Series: Module 3 - Marketing for Ongoing Success
Communicating information about fundraising activities to appropriate audiences (donors and prospects alike) and keeping all stakeholders informed about the organization's progress is critical to ongoing and future success. Effective marketing is a key part of building and sustaining relationships for fundraising purposes. This module will cover creating a plan for marketing and communications activities that support development goals and strategies. It will also touch on the growing roles and importance of the Internet and social media in fundraising.
Objectives: After this module, you'll be better able to:
• Explain the definition of marketing and describe its application to fundraising.
• Cite examples of communications methods and describe how each might be used to cultivate and retain donors.
• Identify a variety of ways an organization's marketing message can be shared with stakeholders, and suggest which best
fit particular stakeholders.
• Prepare donor-centered solicitation materials that will influence and facilitate informed gift decisions.
• Describe the roles of the Internet and social media in fundraising.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: D.C. Dreger, ACFRE
D.C. Dreger, ACFRE, has been a fundraiser and organizational developer in private schools and colleges, and counseled social service and health agencies, faith-based organizations, community development initiatives and others for 30 years. He is Director of Campaigns/Americas for Habitat for Humanity International working from its Atlanta, GA, office primarily with U.S. affiliates and Latin American country organizations in Habitat’s multi-billion dollar global capital campaign. D.C. serves in the leadership of the international Association of Fundraising Professionals as a member of the Board of Directors of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy, is former chair and current member of the AFP Publishing Advisory Committee and serves on the CFRE Review Course Revision Task Force. Additionally, he serves in the AFP Greater Atlanta chapter and is a special advisor to the Fellowship of Southern Writers.